The Ridge Senior Living Achieves High Standards for COVID-19 Vaccinations
Nearly 100% of residents and staff at The Ridge Senior Living communities have received the vaccine to protect against coronavirus.
The Ridge Senior Living is proud to announce all three communities – The Ridge Foothill (Salt Lake City), The Ridge Cottonwood (Holladay), and The Ridge Pinehurst have nearly a 100% vaccination rate for all team members and a 97-99.4% vaccination rate for residents.
“The safety, care and well-being of our residents and team members are always our top priorities,” says The Ridge Chief Executive Officer Mandy Hampton. “We haven’t waivered from that commitment, and we never will. Offering vaccines is just one of several measures we’ve taken to protect the people at our communities and ensure we remain vigilant in doing everything we can to fight COVID-19.”
Since the onset of the pandemic, The Ridge Senior Living immediately elevated safety protocols to address the threat of COVID-19. Some of those measure include:
- As of June 1, 2021, vaccine mandates were initiated for all team members even though vaccination rates were already very high prior to the mandate.
- Adhering to guidelines from the CDC, state and local health departments
- Increasing and maintain testing capabilities
- Installing virus-fighting filtration technology (Auto-Cleaning Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization System)
- Providing additional training and education from health departments
- Hiring professionals trained in sanitizing for COVID-19
- Adopting extra procedures to maintain open lines of communication to residents, families and team members.
“Achieving these high rates of vaccinations does not surprise me,” states The Ridge Cottonwood Executive Director Klint Burningham. “Since the beginning of the pandemic, everyone at our communities understood the significance of this threat. We all rallied together and took responsibility of not only protecting ourselves, but also protecting and supporting those around us. It was both a personal and community mission.”
“Everyone at our community believes in supporting one another and taking the appropriate responsible actions to protect against COVID-19,” said Katrissa Gates, executive director at The Ridge Pinehurst. “It has been wonderful to witness the compassion and spirit of residents and team members as they work together to ensure we maintain healthy and safe standards at our community.”