The Ridge PROGRAMS & TECHNOLOGY
Professionally Managed by Integral Senior Living (ISL)
The Ridge Senior Living community is proud to be part of the Integral Senior Living family of quality senior living options. It shares ISL’s care philosophy of fostering dignity and respect for residents as well as promoting their independence and individuality. ISL has been a senior living leader since it was founded in 2000. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, ISL manages some 60 communities in about a dozen states.
Vibrant Life Program
The Ridge features ISL’s Vibrant Life Program
The Vibrant Life Mission Statement:
To optimize health and well-being by passionately promoting a Vibrant Life filled with joyful experiences, meaningful endeavors, and abundant opportunities to connect with family, friends and the local community.
The 7 main components to living a vibrant life:
- Be Inspired – Gain a deeper sense of spirituality & feed the soul!
- Be Well – Intellectual stimulation, get moving & stay active!
- Be Challenged – Ignite competitive spirit, learn, grow & motivate!
- Be Adventurous – Try something new every day, explore & experience the unique!
- Be Family – Cherish family connections, share & continue family traditions!
- Be Social – Embrace friendships, celebrate the moments, talk, laugh & listen!
- Be Connected – Engage in meaningful community outreach, share experiences & expertise!
BE VIBRANT. BE YOU!
Music and Memory
The Ridge will be a certified Music and Memory community! As a Music and Memory Facility, The Ridge will be a part of a national research initiative designed to focus on learning how residents with Alzheimer’s and dementia can benefit from listening to personalized music. Music and Memory is a program which enables residents to listen to personalized music playlists, created with input from residents themselves as well as family, friends and staff. In addition, these playlists are loaded onto iPods so residents can connect with the music they love, with the goal of improving their overall health and well-being.
The Music and Memory program was recently featured in the documentary ALIVE Inside. Michael Rossato-Bennett, a self-described “dead broke filmmaker” secured a freelance job creating a video website showcasing the efforts of Dan Cohen, founder of Music & Memory, a nonprofit offering music streamed through iPods to help people with Alzheimer’s or other dementias reconnect with themselves and to other people and places. After witnessing the effect that music had on seniors, it spurred Rossato-Bennett into following Cohen for three years filming countless stories of the power of music and memory which would become a full blown documentary film.
Technology Like No Other
- Point of Sale – Taking dining to a new level where utilization of tablets enhances the efficiency of dining orders, focus is on restaurant environment during each and every meal.
- High Tech Call System – Technology that integrates with sensors in our Generations resident’s apartments to learn behaviors and ability to detect movement. Also added feature to notify staff if resident appears to be in a situation that requires immediate attention.
- Gluten Free & Organic Dining Options – Dining program is all about choices, offering new & healthier options for our residents & families to enjoy.
- Wi-Fi Equipped – Entire community and apartments will be equipped with Wi-Fi.
- Solar Powered – The Ridge is solar powered for continued environmental focus.